Thursday, May 21, 2009

A glimpse of Heaven

Let me start off by saying that I'm typing this on my iphone while at Young Life Work Week at Crooked Creek in Colorado, so please excuse any mistakes that I can't proofread. With that said, as I just said, I'm in Colorado preparing a YL camp for High school kids to come and have the best week of their lives at this summer. YL's motto at these camps is to work at everything as serving the Lord and not man so that these kids would be served with excellence, gain a tiny glimpse of what Heaven is like and therefore not only have the best week of their lives, but also taste and see that the Lord is good. Amen! I've had to keep reminding myself of that as I have set up blobs, raked weeds, and literally cleaned over 400 windows thoroughly in this place! :) We pray for kids and remind ourselves why we are serving in this way constantly. But today, instead of reminding myself that this is for the kids, I had a little epiphany for us leaders and just had to share. At work week we are preparing this camp to as close to perfection as we can so as to serve these kids with excellence for Jesus. However, in The Bible, Jesus says that He goes to prepare a place for us. If we are working this hard and what seems to be tedious projects thay go un noticed by most kids, how fervently is Christ working on preparing a mansion in Heaven for all of us! And it will be done with perfection. Oh How He loves us so! You are not forgotren friend! You can't see it now, bur have faith for He has overcome the world and is preparing a glorious place for you where you will be with Him for eternity! And on a side note, Colorado itself is such a glimpse of Heaven to me...aahh! How I love all of our YL outtings out here! Lord, captivate these High school friends of mine with you this summer please! Thank you foe a chance to serve on this mission trip! And thank you for working even harder to serve me...beyond the cross even! I am loved! And it truly is all about you and not about me!

No comments: