Monday, May 4, 2009

Life on Mission, Part 2

As you can tell by my previous post, today was a weary day for me on the mission field. BUT GOD...heard my cry and His answer came so very swiftly! Oh praise Him! So tonight was our usual Monday night YL outreach club; however, it was a little different tonight b/c it was our last official one of the semester and so, as YL tradition holds, the Seniors run it. Well, to my surprise, 3 seniors that had accepted Christ through YL got up and shared their testimony. I already knew what they were going to say and was in fact touched, but I was not prepared for the aftermath that they would leave. Kids have been texting me all night long (they way that they talk.) :) I have received countless texts from kids who are the "head party-ers" saying things like (just for one example), "Tonight I saw my future and me not having to go to a party and get 'messed up' to be happy. I just need God. I have disbelieved in Him all my life but I don't anymore and I feel a weight has been lifted. Can we go get coffee?" UM YES!!!!! That was just one of many. Oh praise you, Jesus! As Beth Moore says (altered a bit), "If we're not a threat to the enemy, than that's more scary than when we are." I had a relief from the flames tonight. Amen and Hallelujah! Thank you for the encouragement to keep pressing on! But Oh sweet Jesus, save them from the flames too! Thank you for the seeds that were planted in these hard kids...by the ones that you have already snatched from the flames! May they fall on goil soil, take root, and bear fruit to maturity! Off to bed now..grateful... ;)

2 comments:

Ryan Adams said...

Text to Corrie: "You're a great leader. You are loved by God and kids love you. One day you will get to see all the fruit in which you are sewing." I love you...way to go!

Ryan Adams said...

Text to Corrie: "You're a great leader. You are loved by God and kids love you. One day you will get to see all the fruit in which you are sewing." I love you...way to go!