My little Lillie just turned 6 months old and it's like she grew up over night! They truly grow so fast and I am so grateful that I get to enjoy every moment with her now! All checked out great at Lillie's 6 month Dr's visit...minus the yucky shots! :( She weighs 16lbs and is 24in tall. Here are a few new things that Lillie is up to...
* She is rolling over everywhere and so I will find her at the end of her crib after every nap now. She loves it in there and will hang out there for a good while before I hear her cry.
* She is attempting to crawl and sit up but hasn't officially started yet.
* She started eating baby food! So far green peas, rice cereal and pears are her favorite and she grunts the whole time that she eats.
* She has her 1st tooth!...but it's hard to see b/c her silly tongue is always in the way!
* She still loves being outside and enjoys walks with momma. She is able to sit in her swing now.
* She is down to 2 naps a day and on a pretty good schedule.
* She is "talking" more, laughing more, and smiling lots.
* She loves her dogs and her papa.
* She has finally moved from bath times in her tub in th the kitchen sink to her tub in her own bath tub
* She still love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and now Octonauts.
* She gets to meet her buddy Keeton, tomorrow! She gets to see her God brother, Ryder and Parks God sisters often.
* Daddy makes her smile & Mommy makes her feel secure.
* She loves attention from others, as long as Mommy is in full eyesight.
* Home is her favorite place.
Lillie, I love you so much and pray for you everyday! You are a gift! I am so excited that fall is officially here and to get to share it with you! Next year you can try my pumpkin spice latte! :)
Monday, September 3, 2012
The other day a friend text me and all she wrote was, "Hey, how you doing, hun?" and I started balling. If you know me at all you know that is not typical behavior of me. It takes a lot to get me to cry and a text like that usually never facilitates that. However, on this day it did. On this week, it would. Don't we all just need someone to ask us how we are sometimes? And I don't mean the stranger that you pass casually on the street that really doesn't care to know your answer to that question. I mean, a friend who really cares. I needed that question asked this week. As my last post stated, I have come to the end of a very sentimental season in my life and now find myself transitioning fully into another one. The days are long as I search to find my meaning now. Does laying in bed at 4:30 am, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with a sleepless baby count? I already know the answer to that question, but right now change is hard. I have always found change to be hard. But just like the change in seasons, it must come. However, I can count on a few things to remain the same now. One, God blesses me every night with a glorious sunset right after Lillie goes to bed. Two, a smile from my sweet Lillie Joy every morning that sets my whole day right...even at 4:30am! And lastly, Pumpkin Spice Lattes every fall at Starbucks! I grabbed my first one today while I was shopping at Target and it was the sip of delight that my soul needed. As fall begins to slowly make its way here and the leaves begin changing and falling (at least in some places), I realize that a lot of "leaves" are changing in my life; However, some things remain the same and for that, I am grateful. He is preparing me for something new and just as He promised, "He who began a good work in me will see it through to completion." My God, I thank you that You are Faithful and in the midst of much change, I can count on You and yummy Pumpkin Spice Lattes! :) div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">