Monday, September 3, 2012

Sometimes all it takes is a Pumpkin Spice Latte

The other day a friend text me and all she wrote was, "Hey, how you doing, hun?" and I started balling. If you know me at all you know that is not typical behavior of me. It takes a lot to get me to cry and a text like that usually never facilitates that. However, on this day it did. On this week, it would. Don't we all just need someone to ask us how we are sometimes? And I don't mean the stranger that you pass casually on the street that really doesn't care to know your answer to that question. I mean, a friend who really cares. I needed that question asked this week. As my last post stated, I have come to the end of a very sentimental season in my life and now find myself transitioning fully into another one. The days are long as I search to find my meaning now. Does laying in bed at 4:30 am, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with a sleepless baby count? I already know the answer to that question, but right now change is hard. I have always found change to be hard. But just like the change in seasons, it must come. However, I can count on a few things to remain the same now. One, God blesses me every night with a glorious sunset right after Lillie goes to bed. Two, a smile from my sweet Lillie Joy every morning that sets my whole day right...even at 4:30am! And lastly, Pumpkin Spice Lattes every fall at Starbucks! I grabbed my first one today while I was shopping at Target and it was the sip of delight that my soul needed. As fall begins to slowly make its way here and the leaves begin changing and falling (at least in some places), I realize that a lot of "leaves" are changing in my life; However, some things remain the same and for that, I am grateful. He is preparing me for something new and just as He promised, "He who began a good work in me will see it through to completion." My God, I thank you that You are Faithful and in the midst of much change, I can count on You and yummy Pumpkin Spice Lattes! :) div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">

2 comments:

Gina said...

Corrie! Lillie is a DOLL!! My word!! You are a great Mom - that little gift of motherhood is HARD! May tenacity be yours today in Christ Jesus.

So great to read about life for you right now -- muah!!

Gina

Unknown said...

ROFL haha I always think of you for some reason when someone brings up Pumpkin Spice Latte's at Starbucks.(I think you always posted them on facebook every time you got one)

Cute kid. So happy for you. And remember seasons of valleys are sometimes just for us to realize that God doesn't want us to speak to that mountain to be removed, but to build the strength to actually climb that darn thing. LOL Sometimes He wants us to be on the top of it like a city on Hill!!KEEP SHINING!! Just prayed for you and your family. :) Bless you!! Praying for you especially for strength to endure with all this new transition and to hear God's heart in your life. He smiles atchya, loves you, and snickers as you make him laugh. LOL Direction is coming your way. :)

Rich