Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A good day...

It's nice when you just have a good day and didnt think it would be one. I live on the 3rd floor of my apt complex so when it thunderstorms, you can surely hear it. Well last night it was a doozie! I got no sleep. My electricity kept going on and off, therefore setting off my alarm and it truly sounded as if there was a hurricane out there. My dogs were shaking in terror. It wasnt pleasant. Then i had to leave early to drop linus and lucy off at the vet, which i was a bit frightened about. They were only getting their teeth cleaned, but they have to "put them
Under," and that isnt 100% safe for this dog mommy. After a rough night and a fearful attitude, I thought, this is just gonne be an awful day. But i was wrong. After dropping my babies off and saying a prayer, i headed to do my civic duty and go vote. I was told to vote at the high school that i attended. As i was walking up to the door, thats when my day turned around! I smelt it...the heavenly aroma of my teen years...fresh, hot, fattening, huge, cheese rolls that I partook of daily and they are still serving today! Yum! I smiled. Too bad i cant still eat like that! :) Instantly and unecpectedly my heart was full of praise and i just started thanking God for all of my many blessings as i voted. Then i went home to a quiet house to have my qt and do some yl work. Dont get me wrong, i missed my babies and love them, but they are obnoxious yappers. The others aremt. So i had some peace and quiet. Not to mention, that storm that had kept me up had just blown in a cool front so i was thrilled! Isnt that just like Jesus?...beauty from ashes! I then got news from our banquet last night...it was a success! Praise Jesus again! In the storm, out of the storm, & for memories of giant cheese rolls! :) Now i am writing after picking my dogs up from a successful teeth cleaning and training a new group of yl leaders. Tonight was their lastnight and they were commissioned to go out. They are a great group. It was beautiful! So many things my heart is thankful for tonight! But i will end with this one...THE RED, CHRISTMAS CUPS & CHRISTMAS FLAVORS ARE OUT AT STARBUCKS!!!! Oh my...I cant take much more! Im in heaven, yall! I enter your courts with praise, Father! :)
Written from my iphone so please excuse any grammatical/spelling errors!

1 comment:

parks said...

you have GOT to come by our house soon- twinkly Christmas lights galore! :o)
xoxo