Sunday, August 10, 2008

a full life

So I'm sitting here this morning, having been joyfully awaken early by my new puppy that had to pee (at least it wasn't in my bed...yes, I let them sleep in my bed and not in their crates...kill me.) Anyways, so I sit here content with life. I have an excellent cup of coffee in hand, my boy, Linus is asleep on my neck (he's the co-dependent one) and my new little princess, Lucy is running around playing with Linus' toys (she's the independent one.) I'm reading my devotions and just contemplating life as I look out my window. I have been journeying through this thing called life for some time now and for most of it, with my God. I've had ups and downs and know that I have not fully arrived yet, however, I find myself content this morning-and it has been awhile since I have been here. I feel like my life is finally moving forward. Praise the Lord! I know now that the only one whose love never fails is my Lord! It has taken me awhile to get here too. Past hurts, wants, rejections, bitterness, etc. have held me back for so long! I had come to the point where the only one that I trusted was Linus. Ha! But now I realize, I trust God with whom He wants me to trust. And even then, only HE can fill me, love me to the bone, and satisfy me. Now all else is just a blessed addition. So this morning I find myself full! "Satisfy us in the morning with Your faithful love so that we may shout for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14. I don't need anyone else's approval and I am so happy to be here! If they don't like me for me, and they don't want to take the time to get to know me, than they are missing out! Ha! But I will love them, only b/c I have the fullness of His love to do so! We do need people, but we don't need others...you get what I'm saying. So I'm going to finish up my time with my precious babies and my sweet Savior and then head to my amazing church. I have been looking forward to hear the guest speaker today! And then I am off to show off Lucy at my grandma's 80th birthday party! I even baked a homeade apple tart for it and I'm so excited! Rest in Jesus this sabbath friends! And shout for joy at His unfailing love! For out of the mouth of children has God ordained praise, to silence the for and the avenger! Praise is your way to sweet victory! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Ryan Adams said...

well, i miss being a part of your full life. I am so proud of you and what you've gone through to get there. I am by your side. And I love you. Can't wait to see YOU and the dogs.

7 more days...

Anonymous said...

It was a delight to see you on Sunday. Keep up the good work. I really like reading your blog. You are truly a woman of God. I love you, sweet sister!!

Megan said...

I love you sweet Corrie!

This was so uplifting, I needed it.

Miss you!