Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Pilgrim

In my quiet time this morning I was reading Psalm 125 (one of the Songs of Ascents) and I was thinking about these "pilgrims" of that day. Then it hit me that we are also celebrating the Pilgrims of 1620 at Plymouth today. So I decided to look up the word "pilgrim" in the dictionary and here is what it says (paraphrased), "one who journeys in foreign lands to a holy place." Not only were the Israelites doing so way back when, but the Pilgrims in 1620 were as well (what we are really celebrating today), and most excitedly......We as Christians are also pilgrims today! We are in a foreign land striving each day to get closer to our Holy Place! This world is not our home! So as you eat lots of food and celebrate the REAL meaning behind this special holiday, may you be reminded that you too are a pilgrim and you are co-heirs with Christ in your future Holy Place! Hallelujah! Yes, we are today too, but it's kinda like The Chronicles of Narnia. :) Now that is something to be thankful for! I'm off to a special 1 1/2 spinning class (work it off before you eat it) :) and then I'm cooking, eating, and watching my tivo(ed) annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Yay! HAPPY THANKSGIVING friends!!!! :) P.S. Side note in regards to Psalm 125, as the mountains surround and protect Jerusalem, so God does you...you are secure in Him! :)

No comments: