Monday, November 17, 2008

UPDATE

So hopefully this blog will be a little more pleasant than my last. If you did read my last entry, I hope that I did not offend anyone....I just spoke with deep passion about a subject that I am deeply passionate about. Anyways, moving on to some updates on my life...
First of all, actually in regards to my last post Actually right after I posted it), a youth pastor from a large, local church in my area called me up and was intrigued by the mission of YL (someone had invited him to our recent banquet) so he asked how he could partner with YL. I shared with him and we are now gonna partner together. And then when I got home from that, I had received one more YL sponsorship check in the mail for $500! Praise you Jesus! He truly does answer when we call! :) As much as I hate asking, still may others see me as missionary and give to us so I can do what I love and what you have called me to for now!
Secondly, I had a few extra moments today so I made homemade cranberry scones and english breakfast tea at high noon and it was so delightful and very english! :) I love moments like this! I even got to have some amazing fellowship over coffee with some friends this week and see some amazing ministry take place too! Yay Jesus!
Thirdly, I took my Linus to the vet today and discovered that he has to have major surgeries in his knees. He is scheduled for it on December 5th. I am so sad! Please pray for him...even though he is a dog!
Next, I got to go to the Nutcracker Market with some friends after church yesterday and I was in heaven! Can't wait for Christmas! What a delightful time...full of goodies and especially yummy treats to eat! :)
LASTLY, this has to do with what God is teaching me right now. Due to various personal reasons, I have been crying out to God over freedom in a particular area and over answers in another. Well in response to both He led me recently to Psalm 118:8-"It is better to take refuge (hide) in the Lord than to trust in man." (And on a side note, He gave me the following verse in regards to our new presidential election...Psalm 118:9-"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.") Anyways, back to Psalm 118:8. God showed me how much that I "hide." Since I was a hurting little girl I have hid in various ways. Rather it be hiding/"escaping from reality" through TV, or through man, food, retrieving into myself and my walls, busyness, ministry, etc. And rather these things are necessarily good or bad is beside the point. You see, the "things" have changed each yr that I grow in Jesus, but the pattern still remains and I have now caught wind of it through the Lord's eyes. I have learned how to hide and to do it well. But this is not something that I want to do well. And this is not something that has been beneficial for me either. It is a form of idolatry...good or bad. And it has now proven to get me into so much trouble. Lord, I only want to hide myself in you! Please help me! You are real!
So that is my update and what I'm currently learning. I love you!

No comments: