Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving

After reading one of my daily devotionals, At His Feet, by Chris Teigreen, I was inspired to write what I'm thankful for this year. And then I was also equally reminded that, "If God took the blessings away, would I still love Him?" Ouch! Tough question, but one that needs an answer to ponder. At first, like Peter who caused the crow to cry, I emphatically say, "Yes!" But then I began pondering..."What if I lost EVERYTHING in Hurricane Ike?" Etc., etc. But I know I would still love Him. I just might be consumed with depression. Which is OK at first, but not to consume you. And then that got me thinking that we need to be thankful, yet also mindful that He alone is our "shield and our very great reward!" (Genesis 15:1) "He gives and takes away, yet my heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be your Name!" Amen! No other "hiding place" (see my last post) will do! So ponder that in your own life, then make your own list. And if you care about mine, then here it is! :)
Some of what Corrie's thankful for this 2008 year:
* That my house withstood Hurricane Ike.
* For my three joys and loves, Pooka, Linus and Lucy!
* For Ryan and that God is using us to refine one another
* That God has brought me out of a dark and stuck land and into a spacious and free land this year and her heart is filled with joy! "He has put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to my God! May many see and fear now and put their trust in the Lord" (Psalm 40)
* That I am in a blessed season with YL and seeing much ministry going on...Hallelujah!
* For freedom from my old job as a Dental Asst. and for my new job with YL!
* For the amazing chance to go to and experience Israel and Africa
* For my friends and family
* That I am in good health
* For a free roof over my head, clothes, electricity, food, water, and daily necessities.
* YL, HFBC, Beth Moore, Mary Ann Bridgwater, the prophet Israel and Audra
* Freedom in our country and our troops who fight for us!
* My small group Bible Study on Tuesday nights with my YL girls
* That I am breaking free from generational strongholds and seeing other as well
* The Bible
* The chance to travel
* Coffee, Starbucks, Panera Bread, Sushi and The Food Network!
* That I know God and He knows me!
* And that I know God will help me overcome this nagging stronghold in my life!

4 comments:

Ryan Adams said...

i love your list. i am so thankful for you sweetheart.

The Ugly Beautiful said...

Thank you, Ryan! :)

barbara head said...

My husband and I say all the time that what we had when we met and fell in love was absolutely nothing compared to what we have now. God has blessed us immensely in 45 years and we say wholeheartedly that "yes, we can go back to the beginning and still love each other and God!"

Megan said...

I am thankful for you too Corrie! Call me, I already miss you!

Megs