Friday, December 4, 2009

It's SNOWING in Texas again! :)

As I was leaving my house last night I bent down to kiss my 4 year old niece (Abi) good-bye, when she proceeded to say, "CC, You know it's gonna snow tomorrow?" To which I said, "Yea, I hope so!" To which she replied, "No, it is. God told me so. He has told me everyday this week." I couldn't help but smile and then I prayed that He would let it snow for her....instead of thanking God that it will. What little faith we have! Jesus Himself declared that we must have faith like a child. I want that! It has indeed snowed today and it has been glorious! In fact, as I type now I am watching real snow fall out my window and it is so very peaceful and beautiful. When I woke up this morning I looked out my window and saw it falling. It was quiet, peaceful, majestic, beautiful and pure. And then I gazed up at my blinds and saw the paper snowflakes that I had made. We don't get much snow in texas so I had made some paper snowflakes for my window a few days ago. You know, imitating one of my favorite movies, Elf. :) I looked up at those, then looked out my window at the real thing. And then it hit me...how often do we make our own imitations of "snow" ("life") when God offers us the real thing. We just don't trust Him that His way is better. My pastor is teaching on Genesis currently and a few weeks ago, as he was preaching on the ark and Noah, he stated, "We need to stop climbing through windows when God shuts doors. And we need to walk through His open doors in faith." Boy do I ever "climb through windows" out of sheer fear. Last night I was talking to my best friend on the phone when she begin to confide in me about some problems in her marriage. Nothing earth shattering. She loves her husband but he just hasn't offered her much of life. You see, as John Eldredge puts it, men long for an adventure, a beauty to rescue, life. Where as we women long to be rescued. Nothing wrong with that truth. Problem is, unless men allow God to be there adventure and women allow Him to be our rescuer, we are in big trouble. My friend's husband is currently just focused on projects to be his adventure and you can understand the problems that therein now lie. We were created for eternal life, yet we aren't satisfied with the life giver. We don't seem to trust Him. We are too busy making fake paper snow flakes while the real stuff falls just outside our window. Why can't we be more like my niece? And then when it snows, go outside and just enjoy it? I don't have all the answers. But I was reminded today through my devotional over Psalm 31 and the snow, that He does and He has a plan. For now, until it's all figured out, I'm just going to enjoy the snow and you should too! I see 2 pair of love bird cardinals out my window doing just that thing. And I can hear my niece declaring out loud to her self, "Hellelujah, Jesus!" Amen! :) Happy snow day! :)
"But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love." Psalm 31:14-16







No comments: