Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tuesdays...

I hate Tuesdays! The enemy always attacks me on Tuesdays! My pastor recently said that Mondays are the days that pastors (that he) feels most attacked. Pastor's are, for the most part, in a "spiritual bubble" on Sundays....it is the "grande finale" to their preparation. But when Monday's come, they feel tired, weary, & attacked, so most take off. I too work in ministry and find that not only do I fight the spiritual fight everyday for myself, but I am fighting for a lot of people around me as well. And Monday's are my "grande finales" in my ministry. Therefore when Tuesdays come, and I'm not allowed to take off, I am tired, weary, attacked, and busy. I am aware of this now and know that there is victory in Jesus and how to be keen to the enemy's schemes. However, he has not ceased fighting even harder now. That brings me to today. Wednesday. As I was having my quiet time this morning I just began to sob. I was weary form the battle yesterday. Then I thought of Jeremiah 29:12, "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." At that moment I felt our sweet Jesus so very near. Listen, don't argue with me on what I am about to say. :) This doesn't happen often. And I know that He wasn't physically there in a tangible way. But I felt Him kneeling beside me with His hand on my back and I felt Him mourn with me. Yet I sensed that He was also smiling as he knew that His plan for me and those around me was good. It was freeing to release my concerns in such a way to God. And then I was led to I Samuel 12:21 & 23-24. Basically I felt God saying to me, "Keep battling in prayer, child, for that is where the victory is won. And in the meantime, don't look to any other Hiding Place other than me." One of my favorite people (Mary Ann Bridgwater) quoted R.A. Torrey in her devotional this morning, which said, "All that God is, and all that God has, is at the disposal of prayer. Prayer can do anything that God can do, and as God can do everything, prayer is omnipotent." Amen! So my word to you is, don't stop wrestling that thing out in regards to yourself and others in your very own Garden of Gethsemane. We may drop sweats of blood and many tears...but soon enough we will be at the side of the Father! In the meantime, hide yourself in Him alone b/c He is all that we need! We are in a battle, friends. Don't give up! He has given you everything that you need for life and Godliness and the victory has already been won...that's why the enemy is so relentless. Take up your sword and watch God fight alongside you! And remember, our struggle isn't against flesh and blood but against the evils in this world. Take heart...he has overcome the world! I love you! And if you think of it, please pray for me. People in ministry could surely use it. I know as I pray for many others myself. Thank you!
... me in Israel at the Garden of Gethsemane

No comments: