Friday, July 25, 2008

Lessons from a child

So I have the priveledge of getting to baby-sit my 3 year old niece, Abigail all day today and night. We have already had quite a fun day (in fact she missed her nap and so now she is resting and watching a movie while I type.) I have learned so much from this little one in just one day! We started off at Pets Mart, checking out all the animals while I had to pick Linus up some more dog food. Then we scooted to Starbucks so fun aunt CC (that's me) could get her some coffee so I could remain fun! :) It was there that we got the coolest little 3D bug puzzle and had so much fun putting it together. We then met my good friend, Aimee for lunch where I got my usual mushroom and spinach turkey burger and spring salad on the side. Abi got the mac and cheese. She loves cheese. After wards is where the lessons began. We went to the mall and right in them middle of Sephora (Aunt CC needed to restock on her philosophy and way more than I needed b/c I love that store.) Anyways, right in the middle of the store, Abi climbed out of her stroller, got down on her knees, grabbed my hand, and asked if "she could have this dance." It was too precious! So of course I began to dance with her. I was Prince Charming and she was the Princess. She floated and twirled about in her little dress and it was beautiful. What an image of what Jesus does with us. We are born, as little girls, with an ornate desire to be led on the dance floor by our Prince and twirl all about and let him notice just how beautiful we are! Our little dance attracted another little girl in there who asked me to watch as she twirled for me. My point proven! :) After CC got her fill we headed to the Baby Gap where I promised Abi that I would buy her something new. She picked out quite a few darling outfits, but fun aunt CC is not rich aunt CC so we settled on a cute little bathing suit that was on the sales rack. We tried it on, under her dress of course, right there and she ran around the store in it. I looked at my friend Aimee and said, if only we were that confident! I wish! I could just see me running through Target (my favorite) in a bathing suit so I could show the world! Ha! Anyways, we bought it, along with some fun shorts to match, and then proceeded to the cookie stand where Abi got herself a huge sugar cookie loaded in icing. We parted ways with Aimee, then walked with it to the car and then I gave it to her after I strapped her in her car seat. I watched her take maybe 3 small bites and then she had had enough. She liked it but you know what she wanted to do instead...get her praise on! Her favorite song, "Blessed be the Name of the Lord," by Matt Redman was on the radio and she wanted to praise Jesus. She gave me her cookie and sang at the top of her lungs! I thought, why don't I give up stuff just so I can praise Him? Like one of my favorite songs says, "Move...and let me praise Him!" I would have surely had to finish my cookie first. Maybe that's why little ones can eat cookies everyday. B/c they don't look to the cookies to fill them. Well, I listened to her praise and it was so sweet to my ears...and Jesus' to I presume. We are now home watching the old but great movie, Born Free together. It makes me miss Africa! So true that "unless you change and become like little children, you will not inherit the Kingdom of God!" :) Girl friends, take some time today to twirl for Jesus! Your Prince is waiting for His Princess! I'm off to play with Abi now...

2 comments:

Manda said...

i Jesus is wanting to dance so much...he should have given me rythym!!!

Gina said...

that is just too precious corrie. i can picture every scene right alongside you. miss you! loving you today. that little gal is favored to have you as her auntie.