Monday, July 7, 2008

Psalm 69

I spent the past 3 years crying out to God, Psalm 69, without the last part ringing true yet. It's been a rough 3 years! I have felt STUCK! But then over a course of about the past 9 months, He has been moving in my life and today I cried out the last part of the chapter of Psalm 69! I still don't have all my questions answered, but doors are opening and I smell freedom! Yay...praise His name!! Now I just cry for my hearts doors to open. I have intricately built a wall around my heart, brick by brick, these past few years. I shall say that I have done a mighty fine job. Although I am not too proud of it now that I am aware of it. Due to my upbringing and some very hurtful relationships, I have learned to "cut-off" emotionally pretty well. I want to feel again. I want to connect. I want full freedom! But I am thankful that I feel the wind in my hair now. My Beth Moore Bible Studies and Mary Ann Bridgwater prayer times; my counselor, Audra; my trip to Israel and the prophecy I received while there; and my trip to Africa have been good to me! As I walk down this road, with the wind in my hair, I am highly anticipating to be knocked over by a mighty fine wind storm and dust off my knees, only to walk in full freedom! "Whom the Son sets free, is FREE INDEED!" I am walking there....

3 comments:

Manda said...

Amen!! love you!! Jesus did not set us free so that we could put the chains back on!


and being around amanda is such a light....right?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled to see you grow in the Lord. It has been a pleasure being in bible study and prayer team with you. I have had to miss the last few times but I keep up with you through this blog and you are one fine Godly woman.

The Ugly Beautiful said...

I love and miss you Barb! You made my day! You can take me shopping with your wonderful grand girls anytime! :)