Monday, February 1, 2010

Trust

I had a pretty busy, yet fun weekend. It was my oldest sister's birthday so we hosted a murder mystery dinner at my parents house for her. My family loves these! I ended up being the one who got killed...by my own sister! Pictures to be posted later. :) I was busy cooking for that and then for a friend of mine who just had a baby. I love to cook and I love babies so it was a good kind of busy! I think it would be so fun to have my own restaraunt! Let me rephrase...I don't want all the fuss of one, just the fun of decorating it, making the menu and cooking some...ha. Anyways, as my freedom embarks and the tests lessen, I am learning how to fly. Something that God is teaching me currently is that I won't fly perfectly, and that is OK. But how can I walk victoriously daily, and not just on the mountain? I so want to do that! Trust and obedience. I looked up that word TRUST in my Hebrew/Greek key word study bible and it means: "to attach oneself to, to be confident and secure in, a confident expectation in, to not be in folly and rely on any other security, to feel safe in." HELLO! It's all about...Where is your security? Only God is secure! In Christ the solid Rock we must stand, all other ground is sinking sand! You see, as one of my devotionals recently stated, "God is concerned with one thing, what this piece of clay will look like in the end!" He knows the greater perspective. Will we look at things through His eyes and trust Him? Will we attach ourselves to Him? It's not about us! There is a bigger picture! And it's not about what we can do! I thought that for forever! I yearned to be holy, which isn't bad, but in my strive for it, I lost sight of God and was constantly frustrated b/c only he can make me holy. I am not perfect. How foolish! As one of my other devotionals stated, "We learn to be victorious by surrendering our lives to God, not by gritting our teeth and trying harder." GOD ALONE does it all...IT'S NOT ABOUT US! That's what makes the cross so fabulous! That's what I had been missing. I was a Martha when all I wanted to be was a Mary. Mary's are only Mary's by "getting" God's grace. Man, I have been so prideful and therefore lived in defeat for so long! You see, we can swing both ways. Some people get God's grace and don't try, but therefore abuse it and don't walk obedient. Others, like me, think they have something to do with whatever. Ha...No! God does the work for us, but then we must do our part. How? By trust and obedience! It's been so cool lately...as I am learning these lessons, God is confirming them every where I turn. For example, last night at church it was as if my pastor knew what I was walking through. He spoke basically on how our lives are run by FAITH ALONE! And even all my devotionals lately have been the same story. For example, in My Utmost for His Highest, Chambers recently wrote, "Our calling is not primarily to be holy men and women, but to be proclaimers of the gospel of God. As long as our eyes are focused on our own personal holiness, we will never even get close to the full reality of redemption. Christian workers fail b/c they place their desire for their own holiness above their desire for God. Paul (Romans 1:1) was not conscious of himself. He was recklessly abandoned, totally surrendered, and separated by God for one purpose-to proclaim the gospel of God...Get into the habit of saying, 'Speak, Lord,' and life will become a romance (I Samuel 3:9.) Every time circumstances press in on you, say, 'Speak, Lord,' and make time to listen. As we listen, our ears become more sensitive, and like Jesus, we will hear God all the time."

So how do I fly now? First and foremost, I stay connected to God alone through trust! He alone knows the bigger picture, what everyone needs, not just me. He alone holds unfailing love! As Beth Moore stated (in another one of my devotionals-ha)..."To live victorious every day of my life, I must learn to pour out my heart to God, confess sin daily, acknowledge every hollow place, and invite Him into me fully, so that nothing will hinder Him! Ephesians 3:19 and John 17:24. God loves us so! And secondly (for me personally), I must risk. I took my first risk a couple of days ago. It is not time for me to disclose yet just what that was, but all in due time. We shall see. Victory is a reality, guys. Whom the SON sets free is free indeed! Stay connected DAILY through trust and you will walk victoriously daily! Amen and Hallelujah! :)

No comments: